Psychological and physiological impact of color on human has already been revealed, as well as interconnection of emotional sphere, temperament type and preferred color by an individual. Four main colors red, yellow, green, and blue correspond with four temperament types. Lightning with colors is connected with different layers of human culture and religious-mystic meanings which all together has effect on human physical state, conscious, subconscious, and emotional sphere.
1. In our Relaxation and Psychotherapy Room we use white, blue, and dark-blue colors.
BLUE COLOR has sedative effect on human. It reduces anxiety, enables relaxation, reduces blood pressure, pulse rate and force, muscular tension and slows breathing by stimulating length of exhalation. This color is associated with clear sky and transparence of water. In Christianity it is the color of the Son of God in the Holy Trinity. Blue is the second important color in Judaism (after white). Tantrism associates it with vivid visual perception of the surrounding. Masson consider the shining blue triangle (with Providence Eye) as the symbol of ethic familiarization with the world and symbol of peaceful beginning. Moreover, this color has painkilling effect.
WHITE COLOR is at the same time associated with holiness, purity, and death. In Christianity it is the color of God the Father, in Judaism – consciousness and spiritual elevation, in Buddhism – self-control and higher spiritual information. In Judaism angels and holy men wear white clothes and the color itself conveys higher pure essence. White crown in Kabala is the wreath of purification and joy.
White clothes are recommended to be worn by the people in need of psychological emancipation from unpleasant circumstances. People who prefer this color aspire to get free from onerous connections and start new life.
DARK-BLUE color is the symbol of calm and contentment. People who prefer this color seek for emotional peace and rest, they want to relax and regain strength. Rejection of this color indicates unsatisfied need in calm, presence of worries, and unacceptance of emotional relations with the surrounding people. Dark blue color is traditionally associated with the Universe, Devine Wisdom and loyalty. In Christianity it is the color of Virgin Mary, in Judaism – symbol of human universe, in Buddhism – attribute of insight, in Tantrism – quintessence of intuitive creative calmness, in Veda (the most ancient Hindu scriptures, written in late 2nd-early 1st millennium B.C.) – the color of Indra’s robe (the king of Gods), and in Kabala – symbol of mercy.
In the case of deep anxiety, dark-blue color enables recreation, decreases muscular tension, stupefies sensation of pain, and evokes control of pulse. It is a calming color for extraverts.
2. Color and light illumination isarranges from 5 light sources. This brings additional space to the room and feeling of dimness. It is the attic room which allows to use all the advantages of balcony lightning and triangle ceiling and wall shapes.
3. Color environment (furniture, carpets, clothes, curtains) and combination of soft forms, transparent surfaces and room space lighten mood and create pleasant emotional background.
4. There is a device in the room which creates alternating light/color with the frequency of 7.5 Hz (θ-diapason) unnoticed by the patient.
5. Surrealistic paintings with the predominance of blue colors “set off” the cooperation of the doctor and the patient. Each painting’s subject corresponds to the particular psychological tuning and typological peculiarities of a patient.
6. Sculptures in the room are subject interpretation of Jheronimus Bosch works, which subconsciously impact the behavioral processes and create positive motivation in patients.
7. Music (Tibet tunes and Shaman chants) reduces anxiety, relaxes, and decreases muscular tension. Its perception creates emotional calmness, enables relaxation, and recreation.
8. Monitor of video impact uses computer programs with the set of audio-visual graphical forms which stimulate the brain with the set of frequencies of variable range (0.5-8 Hz).
9. EEG monitoring (brain mapping) is held (in the form of background recording) during the first visit of a patient and at the end of psycho correction course (in the form of background recording provided the polisensitive stimulation). This allows us to state the effectiveness of psychotherapy objectively.
10. In the care of chronic psychological problems we implement EEG Somnography Program or EOG (electric occulogramma) and analyze saccadic eyes movement. This allows us to increase effectiveness of psychotherapy and possible pharmacotherapy with psychotropic agents.
Polisystematic psychophysiological approach in diagnosis together with creation of optimal and comfort environment for a patient ensure maximum effectiveness of hypnotic suggestion.